Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Supremely Snowy Sangres backpack

Sept. 11–15, I backpacked in the still very snowy Sangres. I wasn't able to do the epic high-ridge traverse I had planned on, but still had a fantastic trip. There was so much snow! (Knee-deep near the timberline.)

I only hiked about 25 miles total, but they were tough miles.

Here are a bunch of photos. If you are a hiking nerd and want to read all the gory details, see the trip report here (at a hiking nerd site).

View from my cabin when I left


My crappy first night's camp






My camp in upper Horn Creek basin

We have the best sunrises in Kansas, but this one is OK, too.




No comments:

I leave to go home in the morning

  I leave to go home in the morning. A person can simultaneously hold seemingly contradictory thoughts and feelings (just ask me how I feel ...