Friday, October 3, 2008

This and that...

The complete 34-photo set of yesterday's hike to Rainbow Lake is available now, here. (Again, I recommend the slide show option with "info on.") I think there are some terrific photos in this set.

For my Michigan friends: I learned today that there is a small confirmed population of wolverines in the north cascades. Just thought you'd want to know.

I had a productive work day today, getting the ending set for one of the pieces I'm working on. (I generally start with the ending.) It was rainy and cool and really felt like Fall today. I made a big pot of jambalaya for dinner which will feed me for a few days.

Speaking of feeling like Fall, it feels like things are winding down here in Stehekin. The bakery is only open Thur-Sun now, and the few other businesses in the valley have also scaled back. The shuttle bus upvalley only runs for a few more days. I have a feeling things are about to get very quiet here!

No comments:

I leave to go home in the morning

  I leave to go home in the morning. A person can simultaneously hold seemingly contradictory thoughts and feelings (just ask me how I feel ...