Thursday, October 9, 2008

No Cool Pictures or Stories Today

Here's the story. I got up at 6:30, I ate breakfast, I sat down to work. It's now 10:30 at night, and I am going to stop working. I almost pounded out the whole third movement of the clarinet sonata today--that's astonishing, compared to the rate at which I usually work. Of course I'm somewhat mentally exhausted, but it's perfect timing: I'm going on a 3-day hike tomorrow morning up the North Fork of Bridge Creek. (So I can work my body and rest my mind.) It's the only drainage in the south section of NCNP that I've never been in, and I'm hoping for some great fall colors in the meadows below Goode and Logan (both 9,000+ peaks). And hopefully a bear or two.

So, no updates until Sunday night or Monday morning.

No comments:

I leave to go home in the morning

  I leave to go home in the morning. A person can simultaneously hold seemingly contradictory thoughts and feelings (just ask me how I feel ...